Sunday, March 20, 2022

SEAL's Promise by Rebecca Deel


Synopsis:

Narrowly escaping a terrorist attack, Rachelle Carter believes the threat is over until continued assaults prove the danger's real. With escape impossible, her survival lies in the hands of a battle-hardened Fortress Security operative. But his skill and experience may not be enough to defend Rachelle against a man determined to eliminate her.

Cal Taylor's plan to win Rachelle's heart is put on hold when she's caught in a firefight. Although he vows to protect her, he soon discovers that no place is safe. After Rachelle falls into enemy hands, saving the woman he loves might require Cal to make the ultimate sacrifice.

My Review: 5 Stars

Action-packed and intense from the very beginning! 

Cal Taylor is a SEAL to his core. He's a protector. So when he finds out that Rachelle Carter, a fellow Fortress employee he's been having coffee dates with for a year, is in the middle of a terrorist attack in Antigua, he'll do what ever it takes to rescue her and bring her home where she belongs. 

But no one expected trouble would follow them home. With an attempted frame job and a few attacks on their principals, Cal and the newly formed Wolf Pack will have to look into the possibility that things may not be as they appear.

Determined to keep Rachelle safe, Cal and his team work together to flush out the people behind everything. But the deeper they go, the worse things get. They'll have to rely on each other if they're all going to make it out alive. 

*dreamy sigh*

Oh how I loved this book! It's no secret that when Ms. Deel releases a new book, I will literally drop whatever I'm reading to read it. From the moment I picked up SEAL's Promise, I knew I was going to be in trouble. There would be hardly any eating or sleeping for me. Why? Because after months and months of waiting, we FINALLY got Cal's story! And let me tell you, it did NOT disappoint! 

I absolutely adored Cal and Rachelle's relationship. Watching their relationship develop, their trust build, their need to do what's best for the other, their strength grow, their desire to put each other's happiness first and all those sizzling kisses had this girl's heart melting into a big ol' puddle of goo. 

I always love seeing characters from previous books make an appearance. It feels like a family reunion. With every new book I read in the Fortress Security and Otter Creek series, I always want to go back and reread the previous books.. or at least my all time favorites. It's no wonder that Ms. Deel is at the top of my favorites list and an auto-buy author for me. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

And of course there's no way I can forget my casting! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment