Sunday, March 6, 2022

One Guy I'd Never Date by Remi Carrington

 

Synopsis:

Never date your brother’s best friend

There is one guy on my ‘do not date’ list. Zach Gallagher. It’s not that I’m not attracted to him. Because I’ve been crushing on him since I was ten.

The trouble is, he still treats me like I’m that kid who fell for him. Oh, and did I mention that he’s my brother’s best friend? Attraction or no, he’s totally off-limits.

When a Thanksgiving camping trip (which wasn’t my idea) goes wrong and forces me to accept Zach’s help, I have trouble remembering all the reasons he’s on the list.

Then the drop-dead gorgeous deputy has the nerve to show interest, and I have to figure out how to navigate the new normal. Teasing turns into flirting . . . until my brother figures it out. He hates the idea of his little sister dating his best friend.

When Zach asks me out, I’m forced to choose, which is heart-wrenching. But breaking up a twenty-year friendship is even worse. What am I going to do?

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all. I told you there was going to be some binge-reading in my future! 🤣 In case anyone is wondering, I ended up reading way past my bedtime and woke up extra early to sneak in some more reading. I absolutely love books that can do that! 

What can I say about Haley and Zach?! I'll start with... I love them! They are seriously too stinkin cute together. Poor Haley kept finding herself in some pretty embarrassing situations but y'all... they were hilarious! And I loved how Zach always came to her rescue. Watching these two spend time together and slowly realize they were falling in love had this girl letting out all the dreamy sighs! I say the patio had a lot to do with it. Who knew patios could be so romantic?

Speaking of... can I just tell you how much I love Zach's patio?! I seriously need one of those in my life. I can picture it now... relaxing outside, reading a good book and eating some of that snackalicious popcorn. I may or may not have highlighted the recipe in the book so I can make it for myself sometime soon. 😉
 
I loved seeing Adam and Eve (this still cracks me up!) again and meeting some new characters. All of them really do make the book that much better. Although I will say, Hank needs a good ol' swift kick in the butt. That man was making me cRaZy! I really hope Nacha gives him a run for his money and doesn't take him back right away. That man needs to be humbled... 🤣

I am absolutely loving this series! It is SO fun! I want to devour all of the books as fast as I can but then I want to read them slowly so I can savor every minute of them. The struggle is real y'all! Haha. 

Ms. Carrington has another hit on her hands! Any author who can literally make me bust out laughing is a keeper. Finding new authors is the best! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next. 😊

Y'all... I'm in love with this casting! They are absolutely perfect, don't you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment