Monday, January 3, 2022

Helped by Ava by Remi Carrington


Synopsis:

My blunder puts the local pastor at risk of losing his job. The least I can do is help clean up the mess... by marrying him.

Ava

Still single at 50, I’m in shock that a dropped batch of lemon bars leads to a marriage proposal. Which is great and all except for the fact that it’s for show.

Mad Dog needs me to marry him to suppress a scandal. Maybe now I can figure out how he got that nickname.

My life won’t change much. He’ll live in my guest room, and I’ll feed him delicious food and yummy desserts. And maybe do his laundry.

Mad Dog

After months of trying to work up the nerve to ask out Ava and never actually doing it, a scandal creates an opportunity. But marriage is a big step.

She’s happy to marry me, but I’ll have to earn her trust.

Will wooing my wife from the guest room even work?

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all! Welcome back to Stargazer Springs Ranch where you'll find good lookin' cowboys and feisty women full of sass, all trying their hardest not to fall in love. Little do they know, fate has something special in store for each and every one of them. 

Growing up, Ava didn't have the best role models when it came to a loving relationship. Because of the way her dad treated her mom, she swore early on that she was never going to get married. But all that changed when an old rug and a batch of lemon bars puts her in a compromising position with the single hot Pastor of her church. Keeping her feelings for Mad Dog just got a whole lot harder. 

From the moment they first met, Mad Dog knew that Ava was someone special. She has this way of drawing people in around her showering them with her love and kindness. He's been trying for several months to ask her out but just when he's about to, something always happens to make him lose his nerve. So when Ava offers to marry him to save his job as the Pastor, he knows this is his chance to show her just how amazing and special she is. 

I have loved Ava from the very first book. She's definitely the heart of Stargazer Springs Ranch and the one who needs a HEA the most. I knew it would take someone pretty amazing to show Ava just how special she really is and shower her with as much love as she showers everyone else. Y'all. Mad Dog did not disappoint. I absolutely adored these two! Their story is full of all the feels and had me letting out all the dreamy sighs. 

I am seriously loving this series! It's definitely one of my favorites. I cannot wait to get my hands on Mindy and Jeffrey's book! Y'all. I have a feeling Jeffrey is going to have his hands full when it comes to all things Mindy. It's going to be fantastic! I can just feel it! Hehe. 

You guys. If you haven't read any of Ms. Carrington's books then you are definitely missing out. She's an amazing author and I have loved everything I've read of hers. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

As for my casting... I actually saw these two pretty early on. I'm loving them! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment