Friday, January 28, 2022

Red Arrows by Laura Burton and Jessie Cal

 

Synopsis:

Welcome to the Chanted Forest, where fairytales are real...but not as you know them.

Haunted by the memory of her hands covered in her grandmother's blood, Red Ryding Hood cannot stop thinking about revenge.

When her cousin, Robin Hood, and his band of misfits go on a quest to rescue Princess Marian from The Wolf, Red grasps the opportunity to tag along.

Except rescuing the Princess will be their mission, not hers.

Red's arrows are being sharpened for a completely different target.

Ever since he was banned from his wolf pack, Will Scarlet has buried the truth about what he is from everyone he loves. Wolf attacks have ravaged Sherwood Forest and to his best friend, Robin Hood, wolves are the number one enemy.

Red is the only girl Will has ever loved, and he has vowed to protect her, whatever the cost.

If she ever finds out the truth, he will surely lose her forever.

But when their mission takes an unexpected turn, Will must confront his past and rise against his own kind to protect Red. But will Red return the favor when she finds out his secret?

My Review: 5 Stars

Holy crow! Y'all! What is going on here?! Once again I'm at a loss as to what to say for my review. I really do NOT want to give anything away! Just know that I'm hooked on this series and there is no going back now! I'm really going to be sad when I catch up on all the released books.

I'm not going to lie... Red and Will are my favorite! I absolutely adore these two! Maybe it's because of their forbidden love for each other or maybe it's their sizzling chemistry or their loyalty to their group or their protective nature for all those they care about or maybe all of the above and more! Whatever it is, I could NOT put their book down! I may or may not have wanted to call in sick to work just so I could keep reading. 😂 Shhhh... don't tell my boss! 😉 But don't worry... I adulted and went to work. 😝

I am loving this series! It has me feeling all the feels, keeps me on my toes, and on the edge of my seat. I love that I have no clue about what's going to happen next. A few of my bookish friends have received messages like... 

"If what just happened really happened, I'm going to hurt somebody!" and "I'm not happy about this! Ugh!" and "READ THE BOOK!!! I NEED SOMEONE TO EXPERIENCE THIS WITH ME!!!" and "What the crap is happening?!?! Holy freaking twists and turns Batman! This is crazy! I'm so confused!" 🤪🤣

Yes... I know I sound like a crazy person but y'all! I blame Ms. Burton and Ms. Cal. If their writing didn't kidnap me and hold me hostage in the Chanted Forest, then I would probably sound cool, calm, and collected. Oh who am I kidding?! I'm always like this when it comes to books I love! 🤣 Now. If you'll excuse me, I hear Beastly Secrets calling my name. I cannot wait to hear Belle's story!

But before I go... I just have to share my casting. Y'all. I. Am. In. Love! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment