Wednesday, January 26, 2022

A Royal Christmas for the Marine by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

Surprise! I’m a prince.

As the heir to the throne of a small country, I was shocked when my younger sister decided to leave her royal life behind and move to America. Like any good big brother would, I started digging to see what she was up to.

Somewhere along the way, I found myself chatting with the woman of my dreams on a new dating app. She’s smart. She’s funny. And she’s about to get out of the Marines after serving for eight years.

The only problem is, she doesn’t know I’m a prince.

Now I’ve come to America to tell her. Hopefully she doesn’t freak out.

My Review: 4 Stars

Confession. I'm not a big Royals romance fan. I usually avoid this trope. But when a favorite author writes a Royal romance, you read the book. I actually mentioned in my review of A Princess for the Marine that I hoped Theo would get his own book. Well.... Surprise! 

Theo and Maya met through the First Comes Love app and there was an instant connection. They had no clue what the other looked like so it made it easier for them to start building a strong, meaningful relationship through their chats. I loved that they were free to be themselves without having the added stress of life getting in the way. 

I had no clue how Maya would react to the 500lb bomb Theo dropped but I couldn't help cheering them on and crossing my fingers for the best. I thought Theo and Maya were amazing. I loved getting to know them and watching them work through some of the challenges they had to face. This was such a cute, fun, quick read. 

But I do have to say that, while I really enjoyed this book, I found myself wanting more. There were several scenes I wished I could've been apart of but alas, there was only a brief recap of them. Oh to be a fly on those castle walls! 😍

I loved this series and I'm a bit sad to see it end. But, thankfully, I'm one of those readers who loves rereading my favorite books/series. This is definitely a series that I'll be reading over and over again. 

I know that when Ms. Mastorakos releases a book, I'm going to need to clear my schedule. Once I start her books, I never want to put them down! I cannot wait to get my hands on her next book baby! 

And we can't forget my casting. Love them! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment