Saturday, January 8, 2022

Hidden Gems


Welcome to Hidden Gems hosted by KJ's Book Nook! Once a month I'll feature a new to me author that I've discovered and fell in love with their books. I'll share the author's bio, one of my favorite books of theirs and a review.

For this month's Hidden Gems I am going to choose...


Born and raised in the suburbs of Los Angeles, Julie Christianson loves her hilarious family, three crazy rescue dogs, and laughing at her own jokes.

She dreamed of being an author the first time she held a crayon, and she became a published novelist back in 2016. Last summer, after the library where she worked closed, Julie decided to shift her writing focus to sweet romantic comedies. The world had pretty much shut down by then, and she figured everyone could use more reasons to smile.

Julie is a former English teacher and lapsed marathon runner, the mother of two great kids, and the wife of one very funny man. Her goal is to write books that make you laugh out loud, fall in love, and live happily ever after.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Y'all. I have never been able to say this before and I'm kind of excited to say it now. 

Fun fact. Julie Christianson lives near me! I have never lived near an author I adore before but it's kind of fun. I love seeing names of businesses in our area show up in her books. The Bread Basket in My Own Best Enemy? It's the name of a delicious bakery right down the street from me. Y'all she had me craving their Zebra cookies for weeks! Haha. 

I know what you're probably thinking. I discovered her because she's in my area, right? Wrong. I actually discovered her while I was searching for clean small town romance books. I had been scrolling through books for about 5 minutes before The Mostly Real McCoy jumped out at me saying... pssst... pick me! I read two words in the synopsis (single dad), downloaded the book and started reading. Y'all. She had me at the food fight! 😂 You'll have to check out the book to see what I'm talking about... 😉


Single-dad Mac needs a temporary nanny for his daughter, Daisy. I need a second job until my promotion kicks in. Since our arrangement is only for one month, I am positive I won’t get attached. Medium positive. Okay, I’m negative.

This is a terrible idea.

Because I can’t give Mac and Daisy what they need, and I won’t risk breaking their hearts, but his green eyes and her crooked pigtails have me dreaming about forever. And who can resist a dad buying pink ballerina tights after a day spent in a hard hat?

The thing is Mac is a fixer, and I need to repair my own life. Better yet, I don’t want to feel broken. So it’s a good thing the worst has already happened to me. Nothing will hurt more now. Water can’t get wetter. That’s what I keep telling myself.

Too bad I’m all wrong...

You can check out my review here.

Happy reading my fellow Book Dragons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment