Thursday, January 6, 2022

The Accidental Text by Becky Monson


Synopsis:

Wrong number. Right guy?

Once upon a time, Maggie Cooper lived for adventure. Jumping out of planes was child’s play. Now she can’t even work up the nerve to ask out her coworker. For a bit of self-therapy, she begins to text her recently deceased mother’s phone—the only problem is that the number has been reassigned and for weeks she’s been unknowingly texting a stranger her deepest thoughts and feelings. There have also been some not-so-deep texts, like the ones about her appreciation for her coworker’s butt.

When Chase Beckett, the unsuspecting stranger who has more in common with Maggie than he’d like to admit, texts back, Maggie is beyond mortified. But message after message and night after night, Maggie realizes that Chase’s wit, charm, and advice are exactly what the doctor ordered. Is it enough, though, to get her back up in the sky? And what about her heart? Can she risk taking a leap of faith for the man on the other end of her accidental texts?

My Review: 4.5 Stars

Y'all. I did not read the description before I started reading this book. Had I done so, I would've been a little more prepared. I lost my mom unexpectedly when I was 27 years old. So many emotions and feelings came floating to the surface while I was reading but also a sense of peace. While this wasn't what I was expecting, I still enjoyed it. 

Maggie and Chase were fantastic! I couldn't help but fall in love with these two from the very beginning. I loved watching them go from strangers to friends to lovers. (Yes... I know Hannah is probably giving me the death stare right about now... I couldn't resist! 😂) These two were absolutely perfect for each other. They were just what each other needed when they needed it the most. I seriously adore these two! 

But y'all. I've come to a conclusion. I am not a fan of slow burn romance. I find myself getting extremely frustrated at the characters, shaking me kindle, and growling at them to JUST KISS ALREADY! Was this book swoony? Yes. Was I letting out little dreamy sighs? Again, yes. Did I enjoy the book? Absolutely! But I feel gypped dang it! I wanted more kissing! Lol. 

All in all, it was a cute book and I had a really hard time putting it down. I stayed up past my bedtime reading and woke up extra early just so I could sneak in as much reading time as possible. 

I have loved every book of Ms. Monson's that I have read so far. I really do need to catch up on her books! They always give me that break from reality that I crave. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

As for my casting... *dreamy sigh* I. Am. In. Love! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment