Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Paige's Turn by Jennifer Peel


Synopsis:

I promised myself ten years ago when I left Bella Port that I would never look back at the town that made me feel invisible. That is until the unthinkable happens and Aunt Mitzi, the person I love more than anyone or anything, suddenly passes away and leaves me everything. We are talking a beautiful beach house, more money than I know what to do with, and of course her beloved bookstore, Paige’s Turn, named after yours truly. Not only that, she thinks she’s left behind something else for me. Or is that someone else? That would be Sam Kennedy, my older brother’s best friend, who’s way out of my league, that is if I even had a league. I’m more like a bystander. But Mitzi was always telling me it was time to get into the game, to take my turn.

At least I’m no longer wearing baggy jeans and oversized t-shirts. Yoga really does do a body good. But Mitzi was crazy to think that me and the sexy landscaper were meant to be, especially when I fire him after our first meeting. Who would have ever guessed that a friendship would blossom after such a start? Or that Sam would make me feel seen in a way I had never been before. Was Aunt Mitzi right about Sam and me? Is it finally time for me to take my turn?

My Review: 5 Stars

Paige has always felt like the odd man out when it came to growing up in her dysfunctional family. When it comes time to head to college, she does the complete opposite of what her family wants her to do. With the help of her beloved Aunt Mitzi, she goes as far away as she can to the college she has always dreamed of going to. She put Bella Port in her rear view mirror and had zero plans to ever return.

That is until her Aunt Mitzi passes away unexpectedly leaving her the sole heir to her millions! Now she must return to Bella Port, face her family for the first time in years, beat down all the rumors the old gossips in town are spreading, find her place in life and finally, FINALLY take her turn. All while running the book store her aunt also left her and trying to figure out how to stop Mitzi from meddling with her love life from the grave.

And who might dear Aunt Mitzi have chosen for her darling Paige? Why Sam Kennedy, the most eligible bachelor in town of course! *dreamy sigh* Sam was one of the very few people who really saw Paige for who she was growing up. He made her not feel so invisible and even made her feel pretty. But what's a girl to do when said man is dating one of the biggest drama queen's and gossips in town? She sticks to her "I'm totally fine with being single. I don't need a man in my life." attitude. But little does she know that Mitzi and fate have something else in store for her.

While Paige and Sam didn't get off to the best of starts, various circumstances have them coming together and gives them a chance to rebuild their friendship. But the closer they become, the more Sam pulls away. Paige doesn't understand why and does her best to distance herself from him. But the harder she tries to stay away, the more she is drawn to him. Could Mitzi be right after all? Or is Paige heading for the ultimate heartache in falling for Sam? With Mitzi in her corner, she shouldn't be thinking of anything else but a HEA. After all, Mitzi has never been wrong before. So why start now?! 😉

Oh how I loved all the letters from Mitzi! They were one of my favorite parts of this book! Everyone needs a Mitzi in their lives! She was there to lift Paige up during the hardest times of her life and letting her know that she is loved, she is beautiful, she is amazing and she deserves all the happiness that life has to offer. 💗

This book is definitely a roller coaster ride when it comes to your emotions. Holy. Hannah! You will laugh, you will get angry, you may even growl a time or two, you will get teary eyed, you will want to Gibbs slap AND strangle certain people! But, in the end, you will be letting out little dreamy sighs and be wearing a grin of complete contentment when Paige finally does indeed, take her turn. *le sigh*

Ms. Peel is definitely the queen of sucking me in and not letting me go until the adventure comes to an end. I have to admit that she spoils me. I know I never have to wait too long before reading her next book. She is seriously an AMAZING author! If you haven't read any of her books yet, you are definitely missing out! Really... you are! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

And of course there's my casting! I just have to tell you when I shared this with Jennifer she told me she pictured the same heroine. YAY! I love it when that happens! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment