Thursday, March 17, 2022

Lovers and Madmen by Nichole Van


Synopsis:

Florence, Italy. Summer, 1982.

Judith Campbell prides herself on her level head. She's a scientist with a ten-year plan, a well-managed bank account, and clear understanding of what she wants out of life. Currently, that means a summer of fun touring Europe with her friends. She intends to see some amazing scenery, flirt with a cute guy or two, and return home ready to settle down for good.

Falling madly in love with an Italian playboy is definitely not on her life goals to-do list. But then her eyes meet those of Cesare D'Angelo across a crowded piazza.

Cesare is everything Judith never knew she wanted. Handsome and charismatic, he challenges her assumptions and forces her rethink her logical approach to everything. Case in point--Judith finds herself falling for him, hard and fast. Definitely not her most carefully thought-out decision.

But Cesare keeps devastating secrets that will challenge Judith's very understanding of reality. And soon Judith finds herself facing the most difficult decision of all--Would you still chose to love someone even if your time together would be brief? Would you accept a relationship, knowing that only heartbreak and grief awaited you in the end?

My Review: 5 Stars

From the moment Cesare first saw Judith in a vision, he knew he would only ever love her. He knew everything about her. He yearned for her and knew that in the end, he would only ever bring her misery. But would his love for her outshine the misery? Would the love and happiness be worth it, if only for a short time? Would she choose him if she knew how things would end? These thoughts plagued Cesare constantly. He might have been content with the "what if's" had it not been for that one look across the piazza. But once they laid eyes on each other, the damage had been done. He just had to introduce himself to her. But would he ever be able to move on with just the memory of her touch, her scent, her voice? 

While travelling though Europe with her two best friends, Judith finds herself drawn to a mysterious Italian man. As a scientist she can't explain the connection she feels to Cesare but there is definitely something there. Who was this man who challenged her? Who encouraged her to be her true self? Who matched wits with her and pushed her outside of her comfort zone? And when did she start letting her heart rule her head? 

The more time Judith and Cesare spend together, the harder it becomes to see life without the other in it. But when Cesare's secret threatens to tear them apart, Judith has to choose. Will she be able to go back home to the states and let Cesare be just one beautiful memory in her life? Or will she choose to live her life with Cesare and have all his kisses and all his memories?

*dreamy sigh* 

All I can say is wow! Just wow! You guys! I absolutely LOVED Judith and Cesare's love story! It is heart achingly beautiful and oh so perfect! I found myself sucked in from the very beginning and had a hard time putting this book down! This series has been added to my favorites list! I love it!

Ms. Van is an extremely talented writer and I am so glad a fellow bookworm introduced me to her. She quickly became a favorite of mine. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

And of course there is no way I could forget my casting! This one was a little tough for me but I love these two! What do you think?


4 Comments:

  1. Perfect casting, as usual! I was wondering how you were going to do it, with them being in the 80s. I was picturing feathered bangs, haha, but these totally work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not going to lie... this one was hard! I think I went through 3 actresses before I decided on her. Haha.

      Delete
  2. I hesitated starting the book too. Probably because we know how it ends and so I doubted the happily ever after. But man, I'm so glad I did read it! I've lost a few friends very recently, and both died at a young age, and I've been pretty devastated and scared about the unknowns of the future. But reading this book, helped me realize that we find our happily ever after every day. We can't know the future, but we make our happiness and enjoy the life we have. We take all of the memories and kisses with our loved ones that we can get. Thanks for the push to read this! Nichole Van, yet again your talent amazes me! Please don't ever stop writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love it when you read a book and the message you get from it is just what you needed to hear?! It has happened to me on several occasions and it's seriously the BEST!

      I'm sorry to hear about your friends! It's never easy losing someone you love no matter how young or old they are. I lost my mom suddenly when she was only 49 years old. But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was her time to go and I will see her again some day. Until then I hold on to the happy memories and good times we had while she was hear. You are right.. we do find our happily ever after every single day. And it's always the little things. Treasure them while you still have them and the memories will last a lifetime!

      Chin up buttercup! You got this! Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way! <3

      Delete