Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Lightning Struck by Nichole Van


Synopsis:

Chiara doesn’t like Jack. Jack doesn’t like Chiara.
The story should end there.
Except . . . maybe Chiara finds herself daydreaming far too often about Jack. And maybe Jack finds Chiara aggravating in an adorable sorta way.
Maybe Jack and Chiara find themselves falling in love.
The problem, of course, remains.
Jack is a ghost.
And Chiara is not.

Jack Knight-Snow has had a bad year for losing things. So far he has lost a ship full of ancient treasure, his family, his friends, his title, his lands and money, his fiancé, the century into which he was born . . . oh, and his physical body. Worse, feisty Chiara D’Angelo might just finish the job and make him lose his mind.

For her part, Chiara simply wants to help Jack get his body back and move on with his life. She doesn’t want to like his snarky humor or his gorgeous eyes or the way he accepts her exactly as she is. She’s a hot mess when it comes to romantic relationships. Case in point . . . she’s developing feelings for a ghost.

But tackling the problem of Jack’s ghostliness is not straightforward. Soon, Jack and Chiara find themselves embroiled in a mystery which creates more questions about the D’Angelo brothers’ gifts of Second Sight. Set against the backdrop of Tuscany, Italy, Jack and Chiara race to uncover answers about the past before becoming history themselves.

My Review: 4.5 Stars

Chiara has been a problem solver and a fixer from an early age. She can't stand to see people in need and not help them. So it's only natural for her to want to help Jack get his body back so he can move on with his life. But the more time she spends with him, the more she wants to throttle him. How can one man be so frustratingly irritating, yet so handsome?! 

To say Jack has had a bad year would be an understatement. He has lost everything he has ever owned and loved. Now he's just a ghost.. a clinging memory of what once was. His only bright spot has been Chiara. Yes, the woman drives him absolutely crazy and she's a hot mess. But she's cute crazy and an adorable hot mess. 

As Chiara and Jack work together to figure out how to fix Jack's ghostliness, they unknowingly unearth more of the mystery behind the D'Angelos curse. But the more they uncover, the more questions arise. With danger lurking in both the human world and the shadow world, secrets, and prophecies of the past and the future, will Chiara and Jack be able to figure everything out before it's too late? And what does fate have in store for them? Are they doomed in love or will they finally get the HEA that they deserve?

Wow! All I can say is WOW! I will admit that this was a slow start for me. I wasn't invested in it from the beginning like I was the other books. But all the sudden, about halfway through, things started to click and I could NOT put this book down! My emotions were all over the place and I couldn't read it fast enough! There were twists and turns that I did not see coming! Just when I thought I *might* have figured something out... BAM! Plot twist! I have two words for you... mind blown! I LOVE it when that happens! 

Have I mentioned before that I am loving this series?! I have devoured it! I cannot wait to read Tennyson's book! And I am definitely keeping Ms. Van on my radar! It's always fun discovering a new author!

As for my casting... I think these two make the perfect Chiara and Jack! What do you think?!


Content: Mild swearing throughout.

1 Comments: